The Alabama Feed & Grain Association provides its members with the following services:
- Educational Scholarship(s) to Agriculture Majors. As of January 1, 2011 the Association has awarded over $155,000 to scholarships.
- Website for up to date information.
- Driven Board of Directors representing various phases of the feed and grain industry.
- American Feed Industry experts through Auburn University and it’s team of advisors.
- Networking with others in the industry.
- Providing a unified voice for feed manufactures and distributors in the state.
- Industry “Watchdog” for state and federal legislation.
- Working with other associations for the common interest of the industry.
- Educational seminars and webcast.
- Meeting with elected officials to discuss issues facing the industry.
- Annual Tri-State Convention, providing educational sessions, networking with others in the industry in a family setting.
The purposes and powers of this non-profit corporation are as follows: to organize and conduct an association exclusively for the advancement of the common interest of those engaged in the business of agriculture and specifically those engaged in the business of grains, soybeans, and animal and poultry feeds; to secure and disseminate among its members information relative to the operation and management of the grain and feed industry, to cooperate and affiliate with the other organizations in this related industry.[/grid_8]