The Alabama Feed and Grain Association is a non-profit trade association representing every segment of the feed and grain industries in Alabama. AFGA was organized in 1983 when members of the Alabama Feed Association and Alabama Grain Dealers Association voted unanimously to merge their organizations to form the Alabama Feed and Grain Association. The Additional strength gained by this merger enabled this Association to be an effective “spokesperson” for the Alabama Feed and Grain Industry.
A major commitment of the Alabama Feed and Grain Association is to stimulate increased production of feed and grain in Alabama. This commitment includes working with scientist at Auburn University to develop and implement a complete new grain production program that will benefit all segments of Alabama’s agriculture.
Other Association activities include serving as the industry watchdog for any state or federal legislation affecting the feed and grain industries, source of information for industry on industry matters, annual convention, web site for current events, and AF&GA scholarships provided to young people entering the field of agriculture are evidence of dedication to the growth, development, and improvement of the feed and grain industry. The Alabama Feed and Grain Association seeks to ensure the most favorable business conditions for its membership by uniting the strength of individual members.
The AF&GA is associated with the National Grain and Feed Association and the American Feed Industry Association. It is directed by a 17 member Board representing all segments of the industry.
Eligible membership includes any person, firm, or corporation which is directly or indirectly engaged in the feed and grain business and doing business in the state of Alabama.
What we do.
The Alabama Feed & Grain Association provides its members with the following services:
- Educational Scholarship(s) to Agriculture Majors. As of January 1, 2011 the Association has awarded over $155,000 to scholarships.
- Website for up to date information.
- Driven Board of Directors representing various phases of the feed and grain industry.
- American Feed Industry experts through Auburn University and it’s team of advisors.
- Networking with others in the industry.
- Providing a unified voice for feed manufactures and distributors in the state.
- Industry “Watchdog” for state and federal legislation.
- Working with other associations for the common interest of the industry.
- Educational seminars and webcast.
- Meeting with elected officials to discuss issues facing the industry.
- Annual Tri-State Convention, providing educational sessions, networking with others in the industry in a family setting.
The purposes and powers of this non-profit corporation are as follows: to organize and conduct an association exclusively for the advancement of the common interest of those engaged in the business of agriculture and specifically those engaged in the business of grains, soybeans, and animal and poultry feeds; to secure and disseminate among its members information relative to the operation and management of the grain and feed industry, to cooperate and affiliate with the other organizations in this related industry.
Our Board of Directors
First Vice President
Second Vice President
Immediate Past President